I’ve seen quite a few bloggers putting their financial results on their blog. I guess it is a self reporting technique to put the onus on yourself to do everything you can to improve the financial position of the blog.
I’ve had this blog for 11 years now and despite having a lot of Social Media followers I have really failed to monetize the blog over this time. i get the occasional sponsored post and have a relationship with SeedingUp but I don’t make many money from affiliate links.
I really wanted to go down a different path but I can see it is the quickest and most realistic path to making money from your blog.
I’ve had a few different platforms over the years on the blog and I don’t rank very well due to the website code being a bit all over the place.
However I do have a decent amount of followers and backlinks that give me a readership.
Here is my start point
SeedingUp – approx $25 per month
Sponsored Posts – 1 last month $75
Affiliate Income – last month 1 sale $38
Total Income $138
Social Media Followers
Twitter – 19,594
Pinterest – 30,449
Instagram – 8,276
Facebook – 5,634
Frequent Flyer Points
Enrich Miles 1,000
Aegean Air 10,664
Action Points for April
- to add at least one article per day to the blog
- make at least one repair per day that improves the website
- make some income from downloadable products
- increase affiliate income buy at least 100% so at least 2 sales worth at least $80
- increase Twitter followers to over 20,000
- increase website hits via Pinterest by 30%